Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Allergies?

About five years ago, I went into anaphylactic shock while I was sick with a cold. No one was ever able to determine what set it off, and it hasn't really happened since.

More than a week ago, I came home late from work and got really itchy -- it felt like the beginning of anaphylaxis. But it went away. Since then, I've been getting itchy a few times a day but was never able to find anything caushing it. Well, yesterday, I kinda' broke out in hives. Not really a lot of them, but a patch on my hip or a a patch on my lower back. They went away within five minutes, but it kind of freaked me out, espeicalyl since the last time I went into full-blown shock was when my body was out of sync due to illness.

So, I called the doctor today and asked them what to do. Because it started around the time of these prenantal vitamins, I'm not going to take them for two days and see if that helps. If not, I can take Benadryl while pregnant, I was told. So if I can control the rash that way, we're just going to try that. I'm supposed to call back in a few days.

Kinda' freaky. Would hate to find out that I'm allergic pregnancy. The nurse said it's extremely unlikely, and we just have to figure out what it causing the reaction. But I haven't really changed anything except that I quit drinking coffee and started drinking more milk.

Very strange.

I'll update later and let y'all know how it's going.


- Bethany :)

1 comment:

mk said...

I bet you love drinking more milk!