Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Positive!!!

Well, it was positive!

Thanks to a little encouragement from my BFF Kelly, I stopped waiting for the nurse to call me and instead, I called back and spoke with the nurse. She said the test most certainly was positive. I was a little surprised, however, to learn that I won't actually go into see the doctor until I'm at week 12, or more specifically, until Dec. 12. In the meantime, she called in a prescription to a local pharmacy and told me to make good choices in the next two months. No drinking or smoking and I should cut back on caffeine. Cut back. Not necessarily cut out completely, so maybe I can still have a cup in the morning? Hmm, not sure about that.

It is starting to finally sink in. For the past few days, I was having a hard time actually thinking of myself as pregnant. This makes it seem a lot more real. So now I am wrestling with the key decision before me: When to tell my mother. It's been SO hard for me the last few days talking to my mom and not telling her my very big news. So, I've decided: Ray and I are going "home" to the Twin Cities this weekend, so I will tell her then. Originally, when considering the possibility of being pregnant, I realized that I would be at about three months, give or take, at Christmas. And wouldn't it be fun to tell her that day? But, I've changed my mind. Instead, I've decided that she would WANT to know what is going on in my life, and I really want to tell her face-to-face instead of over the phone. So, I'm going to tell her this weekend.

So I'll leave y'all with one last thought: I got my due date officially today: June 30. Wouldn't it be funny if s/he came five days earlier and s/he was born on our three-year wedding anniversary?

Thanks for reading.

- Bethany :)

No comments: