Friday, November 9, 2007

Single child!

Ray decided today that this will be it for us. Not that I could blame him! Between my 2-, 3-, and 4-hour "naps" lately, the poor guy's been cleaning the house, doing the dishes, laundry and feeding me. I feel like one of the geckos, really. All I do is sleep and eat - and occasionally work.

This week was rather gross, I'll be honest. Working nine to five works well, because I come home, sleep a bit and then spend some time with Ray. But this whole working nights things really throws me off. I'm generally asleep by nine p.m., if possible, and working 'til 11 p.m. really throws me off. Usually, this is just once a week, but I had three night meetings which made for a very long week. And, if you asked Ray, he would say it also made for a rather crabby week for Bethany as well. Poor guy, he's being a trooper.

But, aside from the constant sleepiness, I've been getting a little nasea. I really thought that I could avoid it, but maybe not. No food really sounds apetizing right now and I'm living off apple juice and bananas right now - seriously, I go through a gallon of apple juice every two days.

But, then again, I really try not to complain much -- my pregnancy has thus far been quite easy compared to others' experiences. I haven't been too sick at all.

But, I have been tired. Which brings me to the title of this here entry: single child. OK, other people must buck up a lot better than I do when they're pregnant. I can't imagine going through this and being this tired and also having a 2- or 3-year-old running around the house. Seriously, I think I'm just wimpy!

And weepy. But that's another entry!

Have a good weekend! We're excited here to just sit around and relax all weekend.

- Bethany :)

4 comments:

Mom said...

You are so funny....just remember how fantastic it will be! You will have a little one so precious (might even get a little Bethany!)

Your body is telling you to rest so I am glad you are able to do it.

Ray, it could be worse - you could have to watch the Vikings everyday!

Love you both...mom

Kelly said...

Beth,

Your mom's comments are so funny! :-) You are funny too. I'm sure a year after Baby Wesley is born, you'll be wanting another, especially after the "baby" isn't quite a baby anymore! Your mom is right though... it will be worth it in the end. Also, thank goodness football is only in season for part of the year!!!!

Jean said...

Memory is a funny thing, we tend to forget the frustrations and focus on the results.

The good thing about pregnancy is that it has many stages, you will both get through them all!

When you walk into a room and this little person lights up because you are everything - there is nothing better!

Love ----- Other Mom

david said...

mom and I were wondering if you've been craving pickles? but by the sound of it, maybe not! hang in there p-nut.
love ya,
dave

p.s.
ray, believe me, it WILL be all worth it in the end!