Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas miracle? OK, maybe not, but still...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Ray and I had a great time this past weekend, and we both agreed it was one of the best Christmas weekends we've had. It was so nice being able to just relax in all of our families and just catch up with relatives.

I had my own Christmas miracle this weekend, which was completely appreciated! I haven't gained much weight, but the expanding waistline has outgrown nearly all of my regular clothing (at least those purchase since the weight loss of 2007). Well, I have one remaining pair of jeans that I have still been able to wear for weekends and "casual Fridays" at work. This past weekend, I washed and dried them -- and then waited to see if I could still button them. They still went on with ease. Yea! So, that made me feel good. Until today, when the nice lady in HR walked by me and commented on how she can now see my "baby belly." Oh well, life goes on.

Besides that, I officially entered the second trimester on Sunday (yea!) and most of the unpleasantness has been slowly going away, which is wonderful. Last night, I even stayed up until 11 p.m.! But, really. the little nausea I did have has subsided, for the most part and I'm feeling more like "me" again, which is fun. Ray said the other day that he feels like he got his wife back.

My next appointment is Jan. 2 -- should be able to hear the heartbeat (finally), so, keep your fingers crossed for me!

(Ooh, I also got a digital camera for Christmas, so I might actually post some pictures in the coming weeks! Stay tuned.)

Happy holidays!
- Bethany :)

No comments: