Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's a girl!

Well, I was wrong!

Went to the ultrasound today and found out that we are expecting a little girl! She was really uncooperative and was butt-up the entire time. The tech was able to get good pictures of her body, though, and we looked at her little feet, kidneys, umbilical cord and other things. It was so cool! I asked her at the end if it would be possible to find out the sex, and she said the baby was also sitting with its legs crossed, but a few pokes later, she saw what she needed to see, I guess, and said it was definitely a girl!

So excited!

Of course, the important thing was that everything looked healthy -- we weren't able to see the heart because of the baby's position, and the tech said she would have liked to have a better picture of the spine.

During the follow-up appointment with the doctor, I learned that I was measuring big and that could mean a little bit of an early entrance for our baby girl, maybe a week... But, she said we'll just watch it in the next few months and see if anything changes.

I have two adorable pictures of our little girl, but I don't have a scanner and taking a picture of a picture doesn't seem to be working. I will scan it in tomorrow at work. For now, you'll just have to take my word for it -- she's adorable!

- Bethany :)

5 comments:

Mom said...

Really happy that everything looks good and healthy! And a girl! A little Lola...I just can't even believe it~

We love you both so much!

Sending a huge hug to you...

Love mom

Kelly said...

I can't wait to see the pictures, and her! I can't believe you guys are having a baby. Gosh, we are growing up so fast! :-)

david said...

Well did you expect her NOT to be cute? But I really think she was waving at us.
See you soon
Dave

Bethany said...

I think she's was less waving and more taunting us -- she certainly gave the ultrasound tech quite a headchae by the time our session was up! :)

wmurphy said...

Congratulations!!!!! We couldn't be more thrilled for you!!
Much love,
Wendy & Charles & Alex