Monday, January 28, 2008

Two more days!!!

I know I sound like a broken record, but we are SO excited for the ultrasound on Wednesday. (The ultrasound is at 9:30 a.m. followed by a doctor's appointment at 10:30 p.m.)

Things did a get more complicated last week, though, when I found out that Ray can't make it to clinic with me. Turns out he has a conflict with a class for work and just can't get out of it. By the time I found out, I couldn't change the appointment without waiting another 3-4 weeks. And, well, I don't want to wait any longer than I have to (you can insert a whine here, if you want). So, I'm going alone. I do feel bad, considering that he hasn't missed any appointments yet, and now he'll miss the "biggee" -- but as he said yesterday, "There will be plenty of opportunities to see the baby once he or she comes out of you." (Thanks to Ray for the reminder about how this all ends, or begins, depending on your perspective...)

I decided to take Wednesday off of work. With the appointments in the morning and having to get the car fixed that afternoon (just getting a hose replaced, nothing big), I decided I could use a day off. Also Ray is a bit worried that I just might let any news that I learn Wednesday slip to someone other than him first, so he is also confiscating the cell phone Wednesday, at least until I meet him after the clinic appointment. So, he's going to make sure he's the second to know! I don't blame him.

Mostly, we're hoping, of course, that Baby is healthy and on track, etc. Of course, we want to find out the gender -- any guesses beforehand? Bethany thinks Baby is a boy. Ray still says girl.

Hard to believe that's it's just a few more days 'til we know for sure... The waiting reminds me of when I was really little and my two brothers shared a room. They slept in twin beds next to one another, but there was a table between them, so there was always enough space in the middle, on the floor, that I would camp out on the carpet -- we usually just did that for Christmas Eve and the nights before a trip.

This is like waiting for Christmas.
- Bethany :)

3 comments:

mk said...

I guess Boy.....

Now remember that these ultra sounds aren't 100%. We had a teacher that designed a whole website for Abby and Abby was a boy.

Love you...good luck..we wish you nothing but the best!

love mom

wmurphy said...

You guys look so cute in the snow shoeing pictures!!!! I can't wait until Wednesday!! Partially for selfish reasons - I'd like to start knitting in the appropriate colors for the little one! You'll have to tell me if you have any requests about color or what items you want - blankets, hats, sweaters. I realize that s/he will be here in the summer, so probably not wool right away - though you do live in the even colder north!!!
Love you all
Wendy

Jean said...

I think girl ---

Either way I will be happy~ Healthy is the most important! Either way the baby will be so loved by so many!

Love to all!

Other Mother!