Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A sneak peek





Well, here you go! As you can see, there was quite a bit of detail involved with everything -- but we're SO happy with how it turned out thus far! (Yes, there still needs to be some touch-ups in certain areas, not shown, and there are some rumors flying around our house about possibly having an eagle above Lola's crib ... but we'll see.) Ray is now officially out of green paint -- he just barely had enough to finish the tree. He will now mix colors for the remaining flowers that need to be done. (As an added bonus, if you count the "pairs" of branches on each side of the pine tree, you also come with 23, which I didn't know until Ray pointed that out to me.) The butterfly, which turned out to be a very beautiful addition, was a surprise to me. Ray stayed up really late one night after I went to bed early and showed it to me the next morning. It's so cool. I just love it.

So, as you see, the nursery is getting closer to completion -- now we just need to do something about the furniture...

- Bethany :)

5 comments:

mk said...

Beautiful!! I just love the flowers...Lola will love playing in there...

Miss you...mom

david said...

Very very nice! Thanks for posting them. Cute butterfly too!
Cool.
Dave

Kelly said...

Oooh.. Lola is a very lucky girl!
Kelly

wmurphy said...

Oh my God - it's so cute!!! I never realized that I had such an artistic brother! Lola's room will be adorable!
When are you coming for a visit? I heard rumors about this or next weekend and Totinos....
Love you guys,
Wendy

Jean said...

Great job! Lola will love it! the colors will stand out for her!

PS Can't wait for the upcoming shower!

Other Mother