Monday, March 24, 2008

The third trimester

Just three more months!!! It's amazing how fast time has gone, and yet how slowly it creeps by.

Things continue to move forward with the nursery, but it still is not quite yet done. We plan to have the entire painting phase done by this weekend. Once you see it, maybe you all will understand a bit better why it has taken so long -- Ray is working as hard as he can as often as he can stand it. But, it was just a huge undertaking for us (and by us, I mean Ray, since I don't really do anything other than peer over his shoulder and breathe down his neck). He did have a productive weekend -- Ray finished the painting the pine tree (although he does just have a few touch-ups to complete). So now he is back to the flowers for the remainder of this week.

It is just so pretty! I just love walking in and feeling like you're in the middle of the forest on a nice, summer day. (Of course, it is also a nice distraction from our snow-covered landscape and ice-covered lakes.)

Myself, I still feel good. I get tired occasionally when I'm on my feet too long or working too hard around the house. My worst problem seems to be back pain -- my lower back gets awful sore by the end of the day, but I'm still not nauseas or anything so I'll take it. I have another doctor's appointment this Wednesday, but it should be fairly routine.

Lola continues to get stronger. In fact, I was taking a bath this weekend when she began making waves, if you can believe that. It was pretty funny -- I had my own (very) mini whirlpool! My only complaint is that she seems to think my bladder is a trampoline, but I guess she has to find some amusement in there anywhere she can find it.

This blog must get be pretty boring for you regulars! I mean, I can already predict my next entry: Nursery work continues, but it's still not done, I feel fine, Lola is kicking a lot. Oh well. Maybe something interesting will happen this week -- or maybe the painting will finally wrap up and I can post some pictures and brighten this page up a bit.

More to come,
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

david said...

Sure hope to see some pictures of the room soon! Sounding very nice. Hope Great Grandma's bassinette (?) fits the theme!
Miss you 2.33
Dave