Wednesday, March 5, 2008

You know you're pregnant when...

...you have an emotional breakdown in the middle of Wal-Mart.

Ray and I went to Wal-Mart last night to buy milk and lemonade. Our fridge, I guess, was too cold and our milk turned to ice milk this week and I won't drink it since it got all chunky. Ick. And last time we went to Wal-Mart I wanted some juice but nothing sounded good at all but then I saw this new thing from Topicana about Pomegranate Lemonade and thought I would give it a try -- and surprise, I really liked it. A lot.

So, we went to Wal-Mart last night to get milk and pomegranate lemonade.

Except, "Super" Wal-Mart was out of the lemonade. Completely. I made this poor guy check in the back to make sure, but nope, they were all sold out. So I had a breakdown and started to get all misty-eyed and Ray dragged me out the store before I started crying in the middle of the dairy section.

Oh, and on another food-related note, I learned recently that Minnesota doesn't carry Aunt Jemima's coffee cake mix anymore.

What gives?

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm craving anything. Yeah, white cheddar cheese popcorn from Karmelkorn and Aunt Jemima's coffee cake mix. We don't have a Karmelkorn in town, so we got some in the Twin Cities last time.

Seriously, it would be more helpful to crave something we have locally. Like fresh snow. Or ice. We have lots of that.

I guess I could make snowcones.

- Bethany :)

6 comments:

wmurphy said...

You poor thing! I totally get it - when you love something and they don't have it, or they are out. I don't know which is worse! Have you ever tried Bisquick coffee cake? It's pretty good too - the trick is to use like a whole stick of butter instead of 2tbsp. 2tbsp does nothing!

mk said...

hmmm..I think I might have one box of Aunt J. left! I can also have Auntie Roe send you some....
Can't wait to see you! Love mom

wmurphy said...

I just checked to see if Amazon has your coffee cake, and they do!!!! You get 12 20oz boxes for $27! They have lots of food on there. And you get free shipping if it's over like $25! Yay! You can stock up!
Hope this helps your day! Love,
Wendy

wmurphy said...

Oh, I just figured out that it doesn't ship for free.... And the amount is ridiculous. I'll keep looking. Sorry.

wmurphy said...

Okay, this one ships it for about 12, and it's only 21.55. http://quakeroats.elsstore.com/view/product/?id=25058&cid=202
Hope that works for you!!!
Love you guys! Wendy

wmurphy said...

This may be even cheaper. I'm not sure about shipping. http://www.buythecase.net/product/6700/aunt_jemima_coffee_cake_easy_mix/?engine=googlebase
Sorry, so many messages.... I'll stop now ;-)