Monday, April 21, 2008

"I didn't know you could be spoiled while still in the womb"







Whew. I am exhausted. After a wonderful baby shower this past Saturday, Ray and I returned home yesterday afternoon and went straight to work as we tried to get the nursery all set up. Four hours later, we were exhausted -- and overwhelmed with just how much stuff this little girl has -- and she's not even here yet! (Thus the title of today's blog entry, which Ray uttered after fighting with the stud-finder yesterday evening.)

There is still some left to be done -- Ray is working to tweak a light fixture for the ceiling, which we bought Sunday morning and found to be missing pieces. Oops. And, if you look closely, you'll see that our rocking horse is, well, a bit bald. (Although it reminds me of Ray, which makes me smile every morning.)

The last picture will show you where all of her clothes will go. (Ray likes to tell me daily that Lola already has about five times as many clothing items than he does.) My closet (in her nursery) is already full of my own things, and I don't know how I could condense down my stuff to fit Lola's things, so we came up with this system, which I think is really cute and functional.

To calm down last night, we just sat in the middle of her room and looked at everything and just wondered at how cute it all is! We are so excited to actually bring her home!! Of course, we still have a lot left to do (like get mentally prepared for this), but it's just so cool to go into the kitchen and see the high chair or walk to the bathroom and pass the stroller system. Everything is really coming together!

Enjoy the pics!
- Bethany :)

8 comments:

karenbaden said...

Adorable nursery... you are right, this little girl has a zillion outfits!
What a nice shower. Thanks for including me on your guest list!

karenbaden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karenbaden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly said...

Wow! She is SO lucky! Although, I really doubt she will EVER have more shoes than you, Beth!
It looks so wonderful!

mk said...

It is absolutely beautiful!! It has character, personality and beauty! What a special place Lola has.

We had the best time with all of you - and for you to spend so much time with Auntie Roe was very nice.

Your shower was just unbelievably wonderful. You both have so many people that love you and wish you the very best.

Including me....your mom...I love you

Alison Lea Photography said...

WOW! Lola's room is so beautiful. I love it.

I was so excited when my mom told me you had a blog. I can't wait to see pictures of Lola and meet her sometime.

Pool anyone???

Jean said...

Wow! I can't believe how finished it all looks! Lola is such a lucky little girl! And, yes, I think you can be spoiled even before you are born! How lucky she is to have so many people love her!

Love to All

Other Mother
(Jean)

wmurphy said...

Wow! It looks lovely!!!! Love you guys! Wendy