Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nine more weeks...

There hasn't been a lot of news on the baby front up here. We continue to work on getting things together and organized, but it's mostly just tying up the loose ends now.

Lola must be feeling a bit more cramped these days (don't we all?) as her kicks have kind of turned more into wiggles and stretches. It doesn't hurt, but sometimes she can take my breath away if I'm not expecting a jab to the abdomen.

Myself, I'm getting a little more crabby, but it's hard to tell if that's hormones or the weather (yes, we got another foot and a half of snow last weekend, but thankfully it is all melting away). And, for someone who was never blessed with an extreme amount of patience, I'm finding that I now have absolutely none. Overall, I'm still doing OK, albeit a little crabbier. I'm not sick or in too much pain or anything, but the daylong backache is starting to wear on me. I mean, I stretch, and it hurts. I sit, and it hurts. I lie down, and it hurts. I walk, and it hurts. So, yeah, that's getting a little old.

We're still nine weeks out from the EDD (estimated due date), so it's not like she's coming any day now, either, which I think makes it even harder. At least if we were two or three weeks away I could be panicky and all excited about her impending arrival. It does make me smile every day when I see her bassinette (I really should post a picture of that this week -- check back) or her high chair, both just sitting vacant and patiently waiting. And every day when I go into her room to get dressed or vacuum or whatever, I see her little outfits and her crib and it really does make me happy.

But then I have to get dressed -- and I struggle to just put socks on my feet. (If this stupid snow would ever melt, I could wear flip-flops or slip-on sandals, but we still have a good 3-4 inches left.)

So that's our life right now.

Oh, we did go on the tour of the hospital last week, which was interesting. There was one little itty bitty baby in the nursery; he was about six hours old and was adorable. We saw the birthing rooms, which were nice. We were told what we could eat that day (um, nothing) and then saw the little containers that you will throw up into if you do give in and take that one bite of your husband's Snickers bar. We obviously saw a lot more than that -- but for some reason I keep fixating on the 18-hour liquid diet part. Seriously, I'm just not a big fan of eating ice. A Mr. Misty from Dairy Queen, maybe, but just plain ice?!? This whole delivery thing gets more and more intimidating...

Anyhow, I hope everyone is having a good week! Hopefully, we'll be able to connect with some of you this coming weekend when we head south to the Twin Cities.
- Bethany :)

No comments: