Saturday, April 12, 2008

OK, one last touch!



Well, Ray and I decided that Lola needed just one last detail, so a third -- and final! -- butterfly was added earlier this week. This is it, I promise. The paintbrushes have since been cleaned and the paints have been put away. The painting is officially complete.

That leaves the dresser, which Ray worked on this afternoon at a friend's house here in Bemidji. It looks real nice; just needs one last coat of stain.

We did go to our first childbirth class this week. Along with learning new terms and definitions, we were treated to a real-life look at labor. And by look I mean a close-up video. Let's just say that we didn't go out to dinner afterward. Basically, the video reinforced my previous belief that if the medical community spent so much time and money and developing drugs to ease the pain that accompanies childbirth, who am I to turn it down? Ray had his own reaction to the video. It included thoughts of "ouch" and "oh my gawd." He, particularly, was affected by the views of the placenta. I don't think either of us expected it to be so very large...and purple.

But, I digress.

The class itself was pretty interesting. The RN teacher lady talked at us a lot, but it was just the first day. She had cute shoes, so that kept me interested. Starting this week we have to bring two pillows to each class for breathing exercises. Seriously, part of me really thought the whole sitting on the ground thing was just a TV/movie thing. I didn't think we actually would have to do that. The tour of Labor and Delivery is set for the third week, so that should be interesting.

Aside from that, things are quiet here. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

mk said...

Great job Ray! It looks so beautiful! She is one lucky baby...

hang in there on the classes..hope you get farther along then I did...I had to lay down to practice breathing and then went into labor and had little Bethany!

Love you mom