Monday, May 19, 2008

This is us...



OK, this is us for those of you who have asked why I haven't posted m(any) pictures of Ray and myself. This is me at 34 weeks, if you are wondering, so I am about halfway through month eight (I think, but to be honest, this counting stuff gets rather complicated and I never was all that great at math).

The picture also gives you an idea as to why we moved to the Northwoods. This depicts the view from the front of our home, including the little lake that Ray likes to go canoeing in. We said good-bye to the weekend last night as we spent the evening outside. Ray grilled and we had dinner on our patio, just enjoying the fresh air and all of our "neighbors" (read: woodpeckers, deer, porcupines, etc.). It is so nice to have spring here!

We had a productive and relaxing weekend as we went shopping and finally bought a rocker/recliner for the living room. We then rearranged the living room, which is one of my favorite things to do (it's even more fun when you get to just point and tell someone else where to move things too -- I just relaxed and put my feet up!). We also took part in a walk to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis research, but we called it an afternoon after about four miles or so. On Sunday, we just watched a lot of HGTV and spent the evening outside. It was nice.

We're winding down here on the baby front. There isn't a lot more to buy or get set up -- although we do still have a few small projects to complete. We plan on enjoying the upcoming Memorial Day weekend and then just finishing everything up and waiting.

She continues to kick a lot and keep me up at night, but as wonderful as all of her little kicks are, I think we're both getting more and more excited to actually meet her soon. Six more weeks or so. At Target yesterday there was the cutest little Fourth of July outfit for a little baby girl and it got us both thinking about whether she'll be here by then...or not.

I have another doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so maybe I will get another estimate on her size, etc. Not that I have a lot of faith in these measurements, but it at least gives me a guess.

- Bethany :)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You look so Great! Both of you guys!

david said...

WOW! it is getting close isn't it? Pretty cool. Gonna be fun. I think the whole summer is going to be a whirlwind for you both...or all 3 I should say! hope you both have a nice and RELAXING holiday. Hope to see you soon.
Dave

Mom said...

I love the picture! What a great pic of both of you and the surroundings....don't know about sharing surrounding with the nature..but as long as you love it!

We just can't wait to meet her..and to be with you again too.

Love you...mom