Friday, June 20, 2008

10, 9, 8...

Tomorrow (Saturday), we officially hit the single digits in the countdown to June 30. (Although I still argue that my due date is actually June 29, due to Leap Year, but since my doctor is thinking early July right now, I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.) It was just a couple of months ago that I was told that I was measuring big and was on pace to have either an early baby or a large baby. I think I just got mid-June stuck in my head and now we're trying to re-educate ourselves and focus, again, on our due date and the very real possibility of a July baby.

So, in the meantime, as we continue to wait, we've been trying to focus on the positives of not having the baby here yet:

-- It's still "just the two of us" for the time-being. Since we don't expect to have a lot of alone time in the future once Baby arrives, we're trying to make the most of our time now. Of course, our quality time together now seems to consist of me moaning about being uncomfortable and large, and Ray begging Baby to "please come out so Mommy can get back to normal again."

-- I'm still get lots of bubble bath time. Of course, the problem is that the water basically covers my feet and backside and the rest of me is just cold. Picture a beached whale. Literally. That's me. But it's still the most relaxing time of my day.

-- I can still eat whatever I want. Sigh. I'm going to miss my Pop Tarts and Spaghettios, so I'm enjoying them while I can! I did just read something about Spaghettios having a full serving of veggies which gave me a glimmer of hope, but I think that was for 4-year-olds... So, we'll probably go back to eating more grown-up foods once Baby comes.

-- Other people pick up after me. This isn't really all that great, although it is kind of funny to see just how many people will rush to my aid when I drop yet another pen on the ground at work or if I drop my clipboard while grocery shopping. Apparently, they think I'll get stuck if I bend down too far. They're probably right.

Well, that's really about all of the positives I can think of. I would mention something about the oh-so-great "pregnancy glow" and the beauty of pregnancy in general But neither Ray nor I think any of that actually exists. As he utters several times a week, "Pregnancy is just gross."

And long, apparently.

Oh well. Enjoy your weekend!
- Bethany :)

No comments: