Monday, June 30, 2008

"Blah! Blah! Blah!"



This is the coolest toy. We're not quite sure if it's a dinosaur or a dragon (my money is on dragon), but when you squeeze his belly, he goes, "Blah!" (If I was tech savvier, I'd post an audio clip, but you're going to have to just take my word for it.) He is part of a line that is supposed to teach kids animal sounds: Pig goes oink, cow goes moo, etc. Dragon goes "Blah!" It makes perfect sense.

But the toy has greatly been shortening conversations between Ray and me at home:

Bethany: "We need to clean the house."
Ray, pushing Dragon guy: "Blah!"

Ray: "What do you want for dinner? Hot dogs?"
Bethany, pushing Dragon guy: "Blah!"

Bethany: "I want to go to the mall."
Ray, pushing Dragon guy: "Blah!"

But now I have found the reason for Dragon guy's existence: He is the PERFECT response for the following questions and/or statements:
"Are you still here?"
"Haven't you had that baby yet?"
"When do you think you'll go into labor? Anytime soon, I hope?"
"Wow, you don't even look like you've dropped yet."

"Blah! Blah! Blah!!!"

Anyhow, I'm still here. Yes, today is my due date. No, I don't think the baby is coming today or anytime soon. You never know, though, someday you might check this site and find a baby picture! (Of course, I could have tired of waiting for my own and just posted some random kid's picture.)

We figure she can't stay in there forever, even if the thought of two more weeks seems like forever. Hopefully, she'll come sometime this week; myself, I'm personally voting for anytime before Thursday because I really don't want to do the court reports at work this week -- there's going to be a ton. But, she'll come when she's ready.

We have another doctor's appointment Wednesday, so I'll post after that, if nothing happens before then.

Happy Due Date Day.
- Bethany :)

2 comments:

mk said...

You are so darn funny! Cracked me up!

Soon you will be holding your little precious one in your arms...hang in there...

Can't wait to see you..miss you so much you can't even imagine!

Love Mom

david said...

hang in there kiddo! maybe you just miscounted! NO? Oh well, blah blah blah blah. She will be well worth the wait, and wait, and wait!
Love ya, and we will see you soon
Dave