Saturday, June 7, 2008

Final details

I had the entire house to myself Friday night as Ray met some friends for a weekend camping trip (long story, but basically he never got a "bachelor's" camping trip before we got married because he didn't plan anything -- and I guess he decided that three weeks before Baby is due was the ideal time to get away).

So I decided that Friday night would be the perfect opportunity finally pack for the hospital and then watch a chick flick or junk TV. Well, since I learned early in life (read: about 28 years old) that you can only really relax and enjoy yourself once you get all your "chores" done, I decided to pack first, which for me also entails reorganizing one's entire closet. Two hours later, I literally sat down in front of the TV, grabbed a handful of sunflower seeds, turned on "Reba" -- and the power goes out.

Figures.

It came back on about an hour later, but it continually went off and on until about 10 p.m., at which time I just gave up and went to bed. Oh well. It was a nice thought.

Today I am working (can you tell?) and finally putting together our Baby Log to track feedings, diaper changes, etc., once Lola is born. Ray comes home Sunday morning before church and then I plan to lock him outside until he installs the car seat. We'll see. That's really the last big thing we have to do. Not that I'm in any big hurry -- seems to me that Baby is quite comfortable where she is. Even if I'm not so much.

Have a good weekend,
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Jean said...

I hope you enjoyed your quiet time last night - in a few (seems long now but it will be very soon) weeks there won't be much quiet time.

I think you are both ready - and the future is almost here!

Love to ALL

Jean