Monday, June 2, 2008

Nine months later...

Wow. It's June. That means two things: First, it might finally be safe to remove the mittens and ice scraper from my car; and second, Baby Wesley could be here this month.

Basically, if she takes after her mother, she'll be here next week. If she takes after her father, she'll either be a week late or the doctor will need to induce at 42 weeks.

So, things are finally coming together! Of course I've had some motivation since a dear sister-in-law of mine mentioned that Lola would be born on Wednesday this week if she is as early as her cousin was! OK, I really hope that's not the case -- I'm not THAT ready yet -- but that certainly gave me a shot of adrenaline this weekend.

So, this weekend I was on a mission to Get Ready for Baby. I spent Sunday afternoon sorting, washing and putting away baby stuff. Not that I'm completely unfamiliar with the concept of washing clothing, but I was kind of perplexed. I mean, most people have "whites" and "colors" -- I instead settled on having "pinks" and "other colors." Plus, I wasn't sure if I had to wash all her bibs, blankets, etc., too? And should they be washed separately? Seriously, I finally had to ask Ray for help -- and then remembered the condition of his clothing and went with my gut. I'm happy to report that everything came out clean and in its original color.

My other goals for this weekend were to vacuum the car, install the car seat and pack for the hospital. OK, I didn't get any of that done. I was going to pack, but laundry wore me out. I was going to vacuum the car, but it was hot outside. And I wasn't going to put the car seat in until the car is clean. But I did read the installation booklets for the car seat. Very confusing. It was added to Ray's "to-do" pile.

Ooh, but I did watch "Password" on CBS. Good show.

So, how are we doing? Well, we're actually pretty miserable, to be honest. I'm very uncomfortable and I'm tired of getting tired just walking to the mailbox and back (well, it is one mile, but still - it's only one mile). So, I'm trying to relax more and keep my feet up, but I'm just fatigued a great deal of the time. Working is still good, though, since I sit most of the day -- either at my desk, in my car or at City Hall.

I still haven't seen any signs of an impending arrival, which is good for many reasons -- most importantly because we want her to have strong lungs and develop for a few more weeks. But, there are other reasons also. For those of you who don't know, I don't technically qualify for maternity/FMLA leave until the end of this week. Also, we want a Bemidji baby, not a Fargo baby, so that means she needs to stay inside and "cook" until Sunday, when I officially hit 37 weeks.

She still makes us laugh every day. She likes to play with her daddy in the morning and she goes crazy at night kicking and squirming. We figure either she's running out of room or she's working on her karate. She likes strawberries (always gets her moving around) and she gets the hiccups at least once a day. She likes the left side of my belly the best, but will go hide on the right if I'm lying on my left side. But she gets irritated with that after about 20 minutes and kicks me, hard, until I roll over.

I have a feeling June is going to be an interesting month...
- Bethany :)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

What's wrong with Lola being born this Wednesday? I hear great people are born on the 4th of June. :-)
I'm glad to hear everything is going well!

david said...

wow, wonder where she gets the "hiccups" from?! hang in there for a few more weeks please.
love ya,
dave

Alison Lea Photography said...

Glad to hear you're doing well and you are "ready" - or as ready as we can ever be. :)

Please be sure to keep us posted and at the very least, add photos ASAP when she's born.

So excited for you!!!
Love, ali

Mom said...

Great Blog!

You are so funny...

Hmm...hiccups...must be following in her moms footsteps.

Can't wait to see all of you!

Love you and miss you ...mom