Monday, July 7, 2008

Baby steps

Our three-day weekend was a bust. OK, maybe not a complete bust, as we did have fun with family members and got to enjoy the fireworks -- but, c'mon, I was hoping to have a baby by now!!!

Of course, just as Ray and I had accepted the fact that we would go the full 42 weeks and then need to be induced, Mother Nature has decided to tease us a bit more. Without getting into really gross details, let's just say that it looks like things are progressing for me and I am finally starting to dilate (no, I don't know how much, but I know that it at least has started).

As far as contractions go, I'm not really contracting on any kind of regular basis but I am having some contractions. Basically, I can feel my tummy get hard and all that, and occasionally I'll have a small cramp or something, but it's not what I imagine "real" contractions to be like. I've been told that the real ones will literally stop you in your tracks and you can't walk or talk. Mine are nothing like that. Just mild irritations that are not regular in any sense. And completely un-timeable.

So, we have some hopes here. Although (sigh) I'm pretty sure I will make it through the city council meeting tonight.
- Bethany :)

No comments: