Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Contractions

I'm hesitant to say as much in fear of jinxing myself, but we have some (whisper) hope.

Suffered through some rather painful contractions last night from 9:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. -- they were coming every 15 minutes and lasting about 45 seconds. Ray and I decided that we would call the hospital at midnight, so what happens? They stopped. Completely. The last two or three were pretty real, or so I thought anyway. They even did everything like the books say they would!! But, no, no dice.

Ray and I eventually fell asleep and got on with our lives.

This morning I had a few sporadic contractions. Nothing timeable or painful. Those have kind of progressed a bit since then and they're getting more frequent and starting to be uncomfortable. Right now I'm getting about three an hour. Once I start getting five or six an hour consistently or if they become extremely uncomfortable, I'll probably go in. Would hate for them to check me, laugh and then just send me home.

But then there is always this (very real) hope that they would see me, hear that I'm eight days overdue, take pity on me and let me just stay. I haven't really ever been too much in favor of inducing, but at this point, I just want her out. Ray laughs, but the word "eviction" comes to mind. Often.

Stay tuned.
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

SandraD said...

I've been reading your blog since it's inception. Came across it while on another blog, hit the little next blog arrow and yours popped up.

You are a very good writer, but sounds like you'll be a lovely mom. I just wanted to wish you luck for a happy, healthy baby and quick painless (as possible) delivery.

I'm Sandra in Utah btw. Mom of three (13 boy,11 girl, & 5 boy)