Tuesday, September 2, 2008

7 weeks old!



Sheesh, I'm not very good at updating this very often, am I? Sorry, we've been busy and I get distracted easily.

It is so hard to believe that Lola is seven weeks old! She continues to grow and become more aware and playful each week. No longer do we just play with her in her bassinet or on a blanket. Instead, she now reaches for and grabs the toys and rattles above her in her play gym, and she loves to set off the music and lights above her while she sits in her bouncy chair.

She also seems to be developing a stronger ability to recognize faces and voices. While I think she has always recognized my voice, she now will look for me when she hears me in the room or will watch me if I walk past her.

OK, I probably shouldn't complain about this, but if Lola stays on schedule, she sleeps about six hours a night, which should be great, right? Well, after sleeping six hours, she thinks is playtime and wants to stay up. A typical night has us starting to try to get her to sleep about 8 p.m. and her finally falling asleep between 10 and 11, sleeping until 4 or 5 a.m. And then she's up. She's smiley and alert and wants to play. I wrestle with her for another hour or two until she falls asleep for a little while longer. It's exhausting. I mean, it was better when she would only sleep three hours at a time -- at least if she slept from 11 p.m. until 2 a.m., she would instantly fall back to sleep and I could go back to bed.

So, in summary, we continue to work on getting her to fall asleep.

But, really, she's a complete doll. She makes us laugh and smile all of the time. And she is screaming a little bit less these days, knock on wood, which is very nice.

Thanks for checking on us,
- Bethany :)

5 comments:

Kelly said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to meet her! I'm so excited you guys are bringing her! Maybe we should make it an all girls day on Thursday! :-)

Jen said...

Hello! I'm so glad that I got to spend some time with her (and you guys) over the weekend. Miss you... Take Care! Auntie Jen

Jen said...

Hello! I'm so glad that I got to spend time with her (and you guys) over the weekend. Miss you... Take Care! Love, Auntie Jen

Sally said...

I'm a little late catching up on the news - which is deadful for a reporter from you Sunny past to admit - but congratulations on your 7-week-old baby girl. Lola is just a beautiful baby. It was fun to see pictures of her.

Alison Lea Photography said...

she is beautiful!
i can't wait to see you guys again for your big family photo shoot!!!