Friday, November 14, 2008

Four months old today!!!





Happy Birthday, Lola!

I can't believe she is four months old! Seems like just yesterday I was 42 weeks pregnant and very, very cranky. Time sure does fly.

Lola just keeps getting bigger and growing up. I finally had to pack up all of the 0-3 months clothes. She hasn't worn 90 percent of them in a very long time, but there were a few that she could fit into. No more. Which means her wardrobe shrunk in half, albeit momentarily. Won't be long before I start supplementing with 6-9 months.

You can't see it in the picture, but she is loving her jumperoo (third picture) because it lets her stand up and jump. Seriously, the girl already has a better vertical than I do...not that that is saying much. She is getting bored with sitting all of the time, but obviously isn't quite ready to crawl, much less walk.

Ray had a dream the other night that Lola was trying to learn the crawl, glared at him and said, "Darn it. Forget this crawling thing, I'm going to walk." And she pulled herself up to standing near the coffee table and started toddling around the room.

While we are nowhere near that right now, she certainly does love it when you hold her in a standing position. Her legs are actually strong enough to support herself, but she does not grasp the idea of balance at all.

OH! I almost forgot! I finally heard her laugh Tuesday night! Twice! I was giving her kisses on her little cheeks and she squealed! Was absolutely precious. Hasn't done it since, of course, but we'll get there!

Take care; thanks for checking on us!
- Bethany :)

No comments: