Tuesday, January 20, 2009

More pics ... and an update






We took some more pictures of Lola, imagine that! :)

She is really starting to show her personality lately, which is so fun to see. She is now in that stage where she hates to be left alone for even a moment and doesn't like it unless she has your undivided attention - which makes dinnertime for Ray and me interesting.

Lola is, well, a baby I suppose. But she also scares very easily. It's kind of funny. She has two Baby Einstein videos that she watches and one she screams halfway through every time. Ray finally figured out that there is scene with a bug flying around and a fly swatter "kills" the bug. But the SLAP! scares the bejeezus out of her every time; she jumps and starts crying. So now we fast-forward through the bug scene.

OK, and this is kind of funny (and irritating): She won't poop unless I'm home, apparently. It's so strange. As soon as I come home from work, whether it's 3 p.m. or 7 p.m., she smiles and then starts doing her thing. It's rather odd. Ray thinks I must be able to help her through it or something; I think he just somehow trained her so that he never has to change poopy diapers and just wet ones. We'll see tonight since I work 'til about 10 p.m. for city council.

We continue to struggle with getting her to sleep. She used to go down so easily and now she screams and wants to be rocked to sleep. We tried just letting her scream and put herself to sleep (Not crying it out per se - we won't ever do that - but we did put her down when she was sleepy and let her cry for about 5 minutes at a time for about 45 minutes until she finally fell asleep. We did this for an entire week and never made any progress at all, so we went back to rocking her. But now she is screaming for that, too, so we will see.)

Everything is getting a bit tougher at home as she continues to feel some teeth somewhere in her gums. The only thing that seems to make her happy right now is bath time. So guess who is taking a bath every night (sometimes one in the morning, too!). She loves sucking on wet washcloths in the tub and is now just beginning to like the cold teething ring. She also loves to bite down on my knuckle a lot. It doesn't tickle. In fact, it rather hurts. But it makes her happy.

So I leave you with one quick funny: Lola is now learning to grab things, like hair. So I keep my tied back kind of in a bun and it has never been an issue. Well, last night, I passed her off to Ray so I could do something in the kitchen and as soon as I turned my back to Lola, she reached over and grabbed a fistful of my hair. And pulled. Hard. Seriously, I almost fell over. So now I am going to invest in some hats...

Take care,
- Bethany :)