Thursday, February 26, 2009

an update sans images

We are adjusting to our new schedules, some better than others.

Ray is loving being back to work and interacting with adults again. I have gone back to working my more regular schedule and taking off about 2-3 p.m. when I have a night meeting so I can have a few hours with Lola before heading to city council.

As for Miss Lola herself, she is very slowly adjusting. She screamed pretty much all day at daycare Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday, she did a little better and even took a nap and accepted a bottle. Friday she was her normal self and was happy and playing with the other kids when I picked her up.

(Although, today, she cried again when I dropped her off. So it's touch and go.)

We are loving the fact that she is, again, sleeping routinely through the night (knock on wood). She sleeps from about 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. straight. It was hit and miss -- and more often miss -- the past three months or so. But now that she is absolutely loving her solid foods (and by solids I mean green peas, sweet potatoes or squash; she won't touch anything else).

She is also learning how to move around, but hasn't quite figured out the forward motion yet.

*** This is the part where there should be videos of her trying to crawl and playing a game of "baby-catch" with me. But after one week of trying, I'm giving up on the video thing. It doesn't work. ***

So, take my word for it -- she is so close to crawling that someday we will look down and she will be gone. And life will never be the same!

Thanks for checking on us -- and I'll update some pics later this week.
- Bethany :)