Monday, May 18, 2009

an exhausting weekend

First, the really cool news: Lola is saying mama!

She also has said "up" when she wants to be picked up, and has been trying - unsuccessfully - to say "all done". Much to Ray's dismay, she has not figured out "dada" yet.

We are recovering, literally, from this weekend. We left Friday for Morris to celebrate with nephew Alex as he graduated from the University of Minnesota Morris. I noticed when I picked up Lola from day care that her nose was running, and by Friday afternoon/evening, it had turned into a full cold. It was a rough night (made worse by the crappy hotel, but that's a whole 'nother story) - but Ray had the magic touch. She went to bed at 9 p.m., woke up at 10, 11, midnight and then 1 a.m. Ray got her back down at about 1:30 and she slept until 9 a.m. Such a good dad. (Mom went back to sleep.)

Saturday, Ray woke up sick. I had a touch of it, but was hopeful that it missed me. We still managed to attend the graduation ceremony, but cut our weekend trip short one day to head home. Lola was still not feeling well and Ray continued to feel worse.

Bath time always makes everything better in Lola's world, so we let her splash around for a bit.

Sunday, I woke up sick. Ray was better and Lola was recovering. It was an absolutely beautiful day, and I really didn't want to waste it. In the afternoon, I managed to lay out in the sun for an hour or so while Lola took a nap and then we packed everyone up to head to the state park for an hour or so.

She didn't love the swings as much this time, but she enjoyed playing with (and eating?) the leaves and sand. It was a nice afternoon.

Today, Ray feels better, Lola is doing really good. And I still feel crappy.

We hope to have a healthy family by tomorrow!
- Bethany :)


mk said...

Glad everyone is on the mend. Her curly hair is absolutely adorable! Reminds me of someone:)

Wendy said...

Sorry it was such a crappy weekend for you. :-(

Cute photos of Lola!!!!


Kelly said...

Her curls are so cute!!!