Tuesday, July 21, 2009

the 'first' first birthday post!

Hi everyone!

Lola turned one year old exactly one week ago and my head is still spinning. I've yet to really get caught up on photos, etc., so you'll see a few posts today, if you check back later this afternoon or early evening.

We had a stupendous week, as we started her celebration with the three of us Tuesday morning and then Grandma and Grandpa Evans made a spontaneous trip Bemidji Tuesday evening to celebrate her first birthday with us.

Of course, the party continued to this weekend, when we held her first birthday bash at a park in Maple Grove. Thankfully, it didn't rain - but we could have had it about 25 degrees warmer maybe! :)

Anyhow, I did bring Lola to the doctor on her first birthday. (Yes, I know, I'm a cruel mother. Trust me, I've heard it all in the last week or so. Personally, I thought it would be fun to have her exact measurements taken on her actual first birthday - but apparently people just focus on the part that had me making her get her shots on her birthday.)

Oh well. Here are the latest stats:

weight: 22 pounds, 15 ounces
height: 29 and 3/4 inches
head: 18 inches

*** she was placed in the 75th percentile for all three ***

So basically, she is growing. Still not walking, but she's growing!

She did get her shots, including her first MMR. And, for Lola, she did pretty well. Screamed a bit at the doctor and his evil stethoscope but I think she wore herself and was too tired to let the nurses have it when they poked her a few times. No fever (yet) and no real problems with the shots, so that was good news. (Doctor said it could take 5-10 days to see a reaction or fever from the MMR, but I'm figuring that we're out of the woods by now...)

We are going to enter, beginning tonight, a new phase in parenthood. Basically it's called "Making the 'spirited' and 'strong-willed' child somehow understand that she doesn't rule the world." More on that to come.

No pics with this post right now. I think I have four posts (!) coming today, or at some point this week: this one, one on her first birthday day, one on her first birthday party, and the one looking forward to this coming week (hint: it apparently involves a lot of earplugs).

Thanks for checking on us! And thanks for thinking of our Miss Lola last week!

- Bethany :)

No comments: