Tuesday, October 6, 2009

a fun fall, so far!



I'm still blogging, more or less. Things have been busy at work and at home. And Ray has been using the camera for work from time to time, so I haven't taken too many pictures lately. (I did take some videos last week that I want to share, but I haven't been able to get them on our home computer yet. Soon, hopefully.)

So .. anyhow. Life is going well as we all are preparing for winter. Fall never lasts long enough up here!

We just returned this morning from a trip "home" to the Cities. (Ray hates when I call it that, but I can't help it.) It was super fun to see everyone, but it was unfortunate that Lola suffered through a bit of a cold the entire time. But she was a trooper.

We got into town Saturday evening as I had to work Saturday afternoon. We reached Maple Grove about 10 p.m. The best part of the weekend? Lola met her first police officer! (Ha, OK, I'm kidding about it being the best part. But it was rather funny.) Turns out that one of headlights wasn't working, so we got pulled over about 2 miles from Ray's parents' place. Policeman was very nice. And Lola didn't seem to mind the flashing lights at all.

We spent late Sunday morning at a pumpkin patch with some of my family as we visited a petting zoo and toured the pumpkins. Super cute. It was a little damp and cold, so it wasn't a wonderful day to be outside - but Lola and her cousin Amber were great sports. Aren't they cute?!









Sunday evening we had a party for my mother's birthday. It was a great time. So nice to have everyone get together, even though some of the kids were still not feeling 100 percent. Ray and I try very hard to make it home for family holidays and events -- but our favorites are the laid-back family gatherings. Where the kids can play and run around and the adults can try to hold some pieces of conversation in between the emergency sprints after wayward children. Boy, Christmas is going to be i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g this year. But so much fun!





Monday, we spent the day at Ray's parents' place, where his mom and worked our tails off to complete my first-ever scrapbook! Yeah, I'm really not a scrapbooking-kind-of-person, but I had so many cute pictures from South Dakota that I got the urge. So she graciously helped me out by taking me through the entire process. I just love the result! And we both were surprised to learn that we have more pages we can fill later! :)

But I didn't take any pictures at the Wesleys' - us women were just working too hard! Next time we'll have to have a play day for Lola and her grandparents.

Enjoy the fall - whatever is left of it, anyways!
- Bethany :)

No comments: