Saturday, November 28, 2009

And the holidays arrive...



The holiday season officially opened here in Bemidji Friday night with the annual Night We Light parade. The Pioneer (newspaper) always has featured dancing snowmen (who spell out, on their tummies, P-I-O-N-E-E-R) and in the years I've been here at least, they are accompanied by dancing elves.

So that is the story with the elf costume, if you hadn't already heard. The first year I was here, 2007, us elves didn't do too much of the dancing. More like shuffle this way, shuffle that way. In 2008, we did the Hokey Pokey and the Chicken Dance. More coordination required, but not too much.

This year? We did Michael Jackson's "Thriller" - it was much more choreographed! Although, I have to say, we did pretty well.

Ray and Lola didn't make it to the parade this year, mostly because Ray was worried that she wouldn't like the noise and people everywhere.

But I couldn't resist the chance to take some pictures.



I had to run Friday night because I was running late, but I did let Lola play with the hat a bit on her time Saturday morning. She loves that hat! She got really mad when I had to take it away...







Anyhow, I just got word that Ray has picked up our Christmas tree and is getting things settled at home. We should get to decorate for the holidays tonight!

Enjoy your weekend!
- Bethany :)

No comments: