Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Our trip 'home' to Cities: Part 1


Lola and her Grandpa Dave reading a newspaper together. (See? My industry is NOT dying!!!)

We packed enough activity into three days "home" in the Cities that it could have lasted us months! It was so wonderful to see and catch up with everyone. We are so truly thankful to have such sweet and thoughtful families.

We did way too much for one blog entry here, so I'll take it one piece at a time. (Our home laptop is being looked at and, hopefully, fixed by Ray's very generous sister, so I have to do this at work during break times. I might not be very quick or timely.)

We left Thursday evening and endured a very boring, but uneventful ride home. Lola woke up about halfway home, but she just sang and talked to us the rest of the way. Such a good baby - whoops, I mean child. (I'm trying so hard to stop thinking of her as a baby.) She got fussy for the last 15-20 minutes, but we just sang (badly) a few rounds of "The Wheels on the Bus."

We made it to Ray's parents' place about 9:30 p.m. and we all say and talked and watched Lola play for about an hour or so.

The Wesleys are avid Vikings fans (as if you all didn't know that!) so Ray and Ray had little Lola enjoying a new toy: It is a banner that automatically rolls up sort of like a scroll. You extend the banner by pulling on two handles. Lola loved it!




Go Vikes!

***

We hung out at the Wesleys until late morning Friday and then us three Wesleys split up (temporarily). Lola and I went east to see my mom while my Ray hung back in Maple Grove until Saturday afternoon.

I left my beautiful 16-month-old with my mother while I went in for a hair appointment (two full hours! I have so much hair...) and completely enjoyed my birthday gift from a few very special individuals:



Lola seemed to like, don't you think? Heck, I'm just glad she recognized me! The stylist actually said I was cutting off more than enough hair (8.5 inches) to donate to Locks of Love, but it was pretty heavily layered (and probably bleached at one time), so we skipped it.

***

The weather this weekend was gorgeous and Lola got lots of outside playing time, which she loves.



***

And then the shopping began. Wow. My mother and I (with Lola for nearly all of it) visited five shopping centers in two days. I'm still exhausted!

Armed with lots of birthday spending money, I was able to fill out a wardrobe for this coming (I think?) winter. What a fun time! (And so many more pictures to share...)

More to come!
- Bethany :)

No comments: