Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lola's quilt

One of the very first things we got for the baby's room was Lola's quilt, her lovely and beautiful quilt.

Ray and I knew we wanted to do some theme that was kind of woodsy and northern Minnesota-ish. So, when my mom and I saw the quilt on display at Emily's Country Cottage in Bemidji, we knew we had to have it. (Mom bought the pieces anyway and sent them to my aunt in Chicago area, who then put it together.)

I loved the colors - but more so, I loved the animals: bears, deer, foxes and moose. Perfect for us!

It is especially fun to have it around now that Lola can really take notice of the designs and the animals.

Not unlike other kids her age, I'm sure, Lola is fascinated by animals.

She saw a herd of deer a few weeks and would have leaped out of the car had it not been for the window and car seat. "Dog!" Dog! Dog!" she cried, waving her arms and trying to break free. Then, when I didn't stop the car, it was, "Mama! DOG!" So, yes, I stopped the car (we were on a dirt road leaving day care) and we watched the 5-6 deer as they ran across a field.

Now, she sees the quilt and points, "Bar." (Bear)

So I got the quilt out the other day and we went over some of the animals.






It's just so fun to watch her learn more every day, to take notice of something she had not completely seen before.

Fun times. Really.
- Bethany :)

P.S. My kid turns a year and a half old today. I can't believe it.

1 comment:

mk said...

so cool! I have to have aunt sue read this!