Tuesday, February 23, 2010

catching up

I've mentioned before that Lola's "babies" are her absolute favorite toys. And that is completely true. She has three baby dolls. And, every day, it is an endless process of taking the babies out of their crib, placing them on the floor, covering them with a blanket, feeding them with a bottle, burping them, etc., and putting them back into the crib for night-night time. You'd think I was training her for a sibling or something (which I am not). She just likes playing mommy.



But, of course, the house hunt has been our top concern lately.

We put in an offer on the house on Friday. On Saturday, while we were waiting to hear something, we knew we all had to get out of the apartment or we would go nuts.
So, we packed Lola up and went to the Headwaters Science Center (our favorite destination for Lola). Here, she got to see the animals and explore the exhibits.

And, for the first time, she actually crawled through a little tunnel. It's a little bear den where you crawl through a hole and see a stuffed bear. It's kinda' cute, but Lola has always been a bit apprehensive about tunnels.

On Saturday, though, she went in - I just had to go first.




***

During the house hunt, my dad and grandfather were able to come to Bemidji and tour our top two home choices. And while I was supposed to be taking pics of the house, I couldn't help but grab a few of Lola with the guys.




We don't get to see them as often as we should. My dad and grandpa (and my aunt) don't live too far from Bemidji, about an hour away, so they are our closest relatives. But it's far enough that we don't get out that direction as often as we should.

So it was nice to see that Lola did better with them when they came to visit. We toured two homes and then went back to our place from some pizza. Lola had fun, and that was wonderful to see.

- Bethany :)

1 comment:

mk said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait to see her this weekend! (and you and ray too).