Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So how was your weekend?




Yep, that was Lola on Sunday. Little Miss Sickie.

We've actually been very blessed with a very healthy child and I try every day to not take it for granted. But, on Friday, I had the day off of work so I thought Lola and I would go shopping, maybe go to the Science Center. Something fun. Well, instead, she woke up and threw up. Thus was the beginning of a long weekend.

She slept a lot of Friday, but was doing much better on Saturday. (I was at work during the day, but she was smiley and happy during the evening.) No obvious sickness.

But, on Sunday, boy, did things change. She woke up at 7:30 a.m. (later than usual). I picked her up and she whimpered. She was clammy, but no fever. By 7:45, she had thrown up twice (and I hadn't fed her anything) and was already back down for a nap. We saw her again at about 11 a.m. and about 4 p.m. for a total of maybe 10 minutes. But all she wanted to do was lay on our laps and fall asleep, so we just put her back to bed.

By Sunday evening, I was a little worried about work on Monday. But, sure enough, she woke up singing and dancing Monday morning and was excited to go to day care.

In other Lola news (based on healthy moments in the past week or so):

- She willingly ate chicken!!! Yep, our vegetarian child is no more. She loved it. That day. Ask me in a week or so if she eats any more...

- Her favorite new snack is NutriGrain bars (which is kind of ironic because I eat them every day for breakfast and I am positively sick of them).

- She has mastered the word "mine" and is using it at every opportunity.

- The temper tantrums are increasing in number and intensity.

- She is telling us when she goes "poop" and waits for her new diaper (although she still throws a mini-tantrum every time I actually attempt to change her). She sits on her potty, but won't sit on it with her pants down. I think she thinks it's a chair. I probably need to work on this harder.

- Her new favorite activity is coloring (colored pencils).

- Her wild, curly hair now reaches her mid-back when it is wet. (Not that you can tell on a daily basis when it is untamed and crazy.) But it is probably getting close to time for a haircut. Not that I will cut her hair, but her bangs probably could use a trim. But a big part of me just doesn't want to cut any of it off. So I haven't. Yet.

.... And, the best news of all? February is now more than half over!!! Yay for incoming March!

- Bethany :)

1 comment:

mk said...

So sick....poor baby...Miss her so much!! We have got to come up...Glad she is feeling better now and likes house hunting!