Tuesday, March 9, 2010

so it begins...



In our home, this had been a fairly typical conversation in recent weeks/days:

Me: "We need to start packing. This place is going to be a (expletive) to pack up."

Ray, groaning: "You need to relax. It's not going to be that bad."

Me, getting impatient: "I think you are underestimating that amount of (stuff) we have in this place."

Ray, growing even more impatient than me: "You are overestimating it."

That all came to a head Sunday night, when I mentioned to him that we close three weeks from Wednesday (as in tomorrow).

Really?

Thus the packing has begun. We kind of danced around it a bit Sunday night after my parents left, but last night, we finally got started. We filled about 18 boxes full of books from our bedroom and then got started on the "china."

China as in breakable dishes. Not real china. I'm not really a china kind of person. I like having nice dishes for company, but china is a bit too delicate for our household.

It was funny, though. As I was packing dishes into the boxes, I asked Ray: "Think it's OK if I write 'china' on the boxes. It's shorter than 'nice dishes' but it's not really china..."

Ray, being a smart(butt): "Yeah, I don't think anyone will think you actually packed the country in there, so don't worry about it."

Yep, this is really how we are.

- Bethany :)

1 comment:

mk said...

That's hysterical!