Wednesday, May 12, 2010

1st haircut!



I finally broke down. After promising myself I would not cut Lola's hair, I accepted that it was time for a trim.

I wasn't crazy about the idea since it is much easier to tie her hair back to keep it out of her face, but I missed the choice of leaving it loose and crazy curly. (Lola gets mad if her hair touches her face, so leaving it down long and wild was not a great option.)

After yet another disastrous bath time (more on that later), I sat her down and started to trim her bangs. She was completely fine, but confused and kept trying to see what I was doing. So I gave my own bangs a few trims. She thought that was kind of cool.

But she really started laughing when she realized I was cutting her hair, too! It was pretty cute. She kept asking me to do more!

It all turned out OK. Her bangs are shorter than I would have liked, but, fortunately, her hair is like mine and grows like a weed.



The pile of my hair, obviously, is on the right. Hers is on the left.

So now we're twins: We both have too-short bangs! Luckily, I'm overdue for a haircut anyways. So hopefully I can get mine to look OK sometime this week!

And Lola, well, she's just happy her hair is out of her face!





- Bethany :)

1 comment:

mk said...

She is adorable!! Great Job! She looks so grown up...it goes so fast!Post her pic on facebook!