Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just like Mama

Anyone who knows me at all knows I have an obsession with shoes.

So does my daughter:






She wants to wear heels just like her mommy!

This happens every morning, when we go into the office to pick out my shoes for the day. She tries to grab the highest, most stiletto-ish heels she can find. Usually, it's a quick "no" before dashing into her room to get her dressed for day care.

This morning, though, I let her trounce around the house in my shoes (OK, my mom's former shoes) while I did laundry, got lunch packed and loaded the car. Ray has officially entered the busy season at work and has been leaving pretty early, so I'm adjusting to learning (again) how to get through the mornings on my own. I don't remember how I did it last year! It's hard - with an almost-22-month-old - to find time to step away and take a shower! I can't just stick her in the "bounce-bounce" like last year. So I was quite happy this morning that she was content to play with my shoes for seven minutes.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, yes, she threw a fit when I made her take them off to put on her plain ol' sneakers.

- Bethany :)

No comments: