Monday, May 17, 2010

The Wesleys visit and the sun returns!


(OK, I want to be like this with my Ray 20 years from now...)

We spent the weekend with Ray's parents, who were in town from Thursday to Sunday. I think I can speak for all of us and say we had a very lovely time. Lola got lots of quality time with her grandparents and we all shared a bunch of laughs and memories. Good times.




They also gave Ray(mond) and I a very-appreciated gift: a night out! We all were sitting around Friday afternoon talking about what we wanted to do that night when the idea was raised (possibly by me) that Ray(mond) and I could go out to a movie. And, to my delight, they were completely in favor of that.

I can't remember the lsat time we got out for a bit. It has been months. Probably November-ish. I just don't like the idea of babysitters. And Ray hates to spend money. So do the math.

Anyhow, we went out and saw "Robin Hood," which we loved. (I just had one major problem with the movie, but I won't spoil anything here. I am trying to overlook it.) It was great to get out and have some together time.

I also decided this weekend to splurge on a new summer look:

Me before:




Me now:


We had a lot of fun this weekend. We spent a lot of time outdoors. Lola had a blast at the park, where she learned some new skills, and also showed off some of her favorite moves, such as swinging.










Thanks for the visit, Jean and Ray! (And for the soup - it's great!)
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Jean said...

We had such a wonderful visit! It was hard to leave on Sunday, Lola changes to much each time it's hard to take in all the changes. Hard to explain, but it was also very relaxing! (Even thou Lola keeps EVERYONE busy!)

So happy you have a house - so much better for visits! Orie loved the visit too!