Tuesday, January 11, 2011

At this time tomorrow…

I am so impatient.

I woke up this morning thinking about tomorrow’s ultrasound appointment. Recognizing that I slept in too late this morning and knowing that I can’t do that tomorrow, that we will have to get Lola to daycare and get to the clinic by 8:30 a.m.

I thought about it as I poured my coffee, wondering if I should have decaf tomorrow so I am a “good” pregnant mommy or have caffeinated coffee so s/he isn’t lethargic.

I am so impatient.

I got to work, still thinking about it. As I sent my blotter request to the police and sheriff departments, I was thinking how I won’t be doing that tomorrow, that I will be in the ultrasound room. Hopefully hearing that s/he is looking good, healthy. And, of course, whether s/he is a he or a she.

I’m still thinking about it. Watching the clock, counting down the minutes, the hours.

I’m so impatient.

I want to know. I hate not knowing.

I played early on with the idea of not finding out, that maybe it would be more fun to wait until his or her birth.

Ha! I would have drove myself – and my husband – absolutely crazy. I never would have made it.

I’m so impatient.

- Bethany :)

No comments: