Thursday, January 6, 2011

*twiddling thumbs*

I am not a patient person.

Pregnancy, as a whole, drives me a little crazy. It lasts too long. I feel like I’m always waiting. Waiting for the first trimester to end, waiting for the ultrasound, waiting for the due date, then waiting another two weeks for Baby to arrive.

This week, in particular, is hard. I feel like time is just creeping by.

The ultrasound is Wednesday. Six itty bitty days away.

It’s like waiting for Christmas. Except I don’t have the panic mode, the need to wrap, bake, pack, buy stuff.

All I can do is … wait.

I hate it.

In a very loving way, of course.

Really, if it could just be the end of the work week, that would be better. Weekends always go fast. And Mondays are my tough work day with Tuesdays my lesser-but-still-busy work days. And then it would be Wednesday morning.

And, in all honesty, I should have three, if not five, weeks until my ultrasound – so I am super duper lucky. I go to the doctor every four weeks. My first appointment was at week 10. Then week 14. So then my next was week 18. So she scheduled the ultrasound for Jan. 12. So I am earlier than most for the ultrasound, at least according to my physician’s schedule.

Interesting fact: I will be 18 weeks 3 days when I have my ultrasound.

With Lola, I was 19 weeks, 1 day.

Re-reading that blog entry today, I nearly spit out my lemonade: “I learned that I was measuring big and that could mean a little bit of an early entrance for our baby girl, maybe a week...”

Uh-huh. Suuuuuuuuure.

***

We might have a new activity to pass the time, though.

Ray might be vacillating on the names that we picked.

I’m not sure if he is serious about changing one and/or both. But he sounded unsure. And I don’t want him to be unsure at all.

So, even though I do have his permission to share the names whenever I choose, I am going to wait a little bit. Until Monday. See how we feel by the end of the weekend.

- Bethany :)

No comments: