Monday, February 7, 2011

Lola's latest owie

I called Ray on Thursday morning. I can't remember what about. But I do remember the conversation.

He answers the phone, "Hi. I was just thinking about cal-"

Pause.

Ray: "Oh crap."

Me: "Wha-?"

I could hear the distant sound of a very sharp intake of toddler breath.

Ray: "Hold on."

And then...

Lola let it out. The shriek. The loud, high-pitched shriek. The pain-filled shriek.

Ray, very quickly: "I gotta' go."

Click.

So I twiddle my thumbs impatiently about 5-7 minutes. Exactly eight minutes later, I called him back.

Me, not even bothering for a hello: "So what happened?! Is she OK?"

Ray: "Yeah, she tripped and fell, hitting her face on the corner of the bookcase."

Then, since he was expecting his parents to arrive in a few hours, he mentioned that it probably wasn't going to be the best picture weekend.

About 10 minutes later I got this picture text:



Honestly? I stopped worrying. It didn't look that bad at at all. Just a little puncture wound on her chin, right?

Um, no. The whole injury didn't show up so well. She also scratched (gouged?) her cheek.



Ouch. Hope it heals quickly. I'm getting a little tired of the strange looks when we bring her into public.

But, really, honestly, Lola hasn't been bothered in the least by the facial injuries. After about 5-10 minutes of cuddling, Ray said she forgot about them.

She is such a little klutz. she runs too fast, trips on her own feet and often falls directly into walls. She loves to run and jump and spin and all that fun stuff, but she usually ends up with some of bump.

The other day she ran ahead of me in the living room and her feet just got a little tangled up. Not sure exactly what happened. But she tripped. And fell. and banged her forehead on the ground.

I asked her if she was OK.

She smiled and stood up. "I'm OK. Lola fall down, go boom again."

- Bethany :)

1 comment:

mk said...

Such a sweetheart..and a tough little girl!