Wednesday, February 9, 2011

* smile *

I am more than halfway through this pregnancy. Well, according to "the books" I am more than halfway. According to me, I am perhaps just rounding the top of the hump.

I am, by the calendar, 22 weeks, 2 days.

I am, based on last month's ultrasound, 21 weeks, 4 days.

Lola arrived at 42 weeks even.

So I figure I am just over halfway now. Just barely.

Today is a happy day. I am not so assertive sometimes. Which is odd, considering I am pretty assertive for work purposes. But not so much when it comes to personal life. But I put up a teeny protest at my prenatal appointment this morning.

So I get to have another ultrasound in two weeks! Yay! I am so giddy today.

I was hoping to get an ultrasound at my next appointment, in March, but my doctor wanted to wait until 30-34 weeks (April-May). I have just been panicked, really, about not being able to see anything in last month's ultrasound. I still don't know about the heart and other internal organs being "OK" and healthy. The doctor agreed we could do one sooner, but didn't want to do at my next prenatal appointment because that is the glucose/gestational diabetes test.

So I get to come in in two weeks.

I'm so happy.

Happy early Valentine's to me!
- Bethany :)

No comments: