Monday, April 25, 2011

mommy's girl

I swear I was going to wait one more year before getting Lola her first tennis racket.

Really, I was.

But there they were on clearance a couple of weeks ago. And Lola constantly asks me if she can play with my rackets.

So ... yeah. We bought her a Dora racket and some kids' balls.

Then it rained.

And then it snowed.

So now, three weeks later, we actually got around to using them.




She did so well! Seriously, she had more than few misses, of course, but she made contact more often than she struck out.




I tried to teach her like I used to teach my students, by dropping the ball for her, but Miss Independent would have none of that. She had to drop her own ball.

So it was a learning process.

But all in all, for her first time out, she did so well. And she had a blast doing it.




Mommy was so proud (like always).
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is going to be a very athletic little girl! Scholarships someday I bet!