Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I’m fairly obsessive compulsive about some things.

Everything has an order and a “place” in our house. I could tell you, specifically, about the two toy components Lola (or we) have lost throughout her lifetime. I could tell you the exact order of her clothing that is now hanging up in her closet. I could tell you, correctly, the location of all of her books and toys at this very moment.

But yesterday, I could not find her pink sippy cup.

She has four sippies: two blue, one green, one pink.

The pink one was missing (thank goodness it wasn’t the green one).

So I began hunting it down.

I tore apart the cabinets. I looked under the seats in the car. Pulled out the couches, double-checked (and triple-checked) the dishwasher and refrigerator. I looked under her bed, our bed, in all of the closets … everywhere I could think of.

And after an hour or so, I chalked it up, reluctantly, as lost. I mentally blamed Ray, and made a note to buy more sippies one of these days.

This morning, I got to work. I went to put my string cheese in the breakroom fridge … and found the pink sippy cup.

- Bethany :)

No comments: