Wednesday, June 15, 2011

an end date

Well, I am writing this in hopes that lightning can strike twice.

Roughly three years ago, I began a five-day countdown to my scheduled induction with Lola. I never made it to zero. Lola, who still hates being told what to do, came on her own before then.

So today, I am officially kicking off a seven-day countdown to my newly scheduled induction with Amelia.

But I’m not-so-secretly hoping that she, too, will come on her own.

My induction has been scheduled for 5:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 22.

Today’s doctor appointment, honestly, was more interesting than I thought it would be. I have dilated some and my body is preparing for labor, but certainly not by leaps and bounds. The almost-a-concern was my blood pressure. I always have relatively low blood pressure. The bottom number (whatever that means, I'm not great at that stuff) is never higher than 64. It's almost always something like 112 over 61. Today it was 114 over 83. They don't consider it high or dangerous unless it is like 140 over 90. So I am fine. But it is definitely higher. My doctor isn't overly concerned about anything, but said it would be good to not let me go much beyond next Wednesday.

So Wednesday is it.

But I’m hoping I don’t make it until then.

You never know...
- Bethany :)

No comments: