Saturday, July 2, 2011

one week old



My Amelia.

She continues to be the happiest, easiest baby. She rarely cries. It is more like she has occasional whimpers. Usually because she wants some skin-to-skin time: She just loves to snuggle.

Our biggest struggle right now is nighttime as she has her days and nights confused. She thinks it is playtime from 3-7 a.m. Really. So tonight we are going to try to keep her up a bit before bedtime. I figure a three-day weekend (when Ray can be home) is as good a time as any.

She has a few funny quirks, mainly that she insists on going potty when she is on the changing table ... and is not wearing a diaper. Seriously. You take off the diaper, she pees. OK, so you move her a few inches to a dry spot on the changing pad. She pees again. You move her a second time, she pees a third time. (Ray, unfortunately, got the poopy version of this "game" at 2 a.m. last night. Sorry I missed that one...)

Amelia now is holding her head up fairly consistently so we have implemented some tummy time, which she hates.. So, she rolls onto her side and tries to curl up to go to sleep (or so I'm told, as this, again, happened at like 2 a.m. this morning while Ray was on Daddy Duty).

She continues to get more and more alert. She loves to stare at the giant whale murals on her nursery walls. Really, it's her favorite part of the whole house. Which is so cool to see, considering the work Ray put into it.

Besides that, she loves her fingers, hates nuks and adores her swing, although neither Ray nor I are anxious to use it too much. Me because I don't want her to need motion to fall asleep, and Ray because, well, he put her in it last night and she puked all over the place (sorry I missed that one, too...).

I am loving my time at home. I am so very glad I decided to keep Lola home for a bit before deciding for sure about daycare. We are having a great summer thus far, just playing and learning together.

Life is good.

Happy Fourth of July.
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! And she has changed so much since I saw her. Love hearing how happy your family is. Can't wait to see all of you again.