Tuesday, August 23, 2011

two months old

Sweet Amelia turned two months old yesterday. She continues to be a very happy, easygoing baby.

Today, she and I went to for her two-month checkup. She loved it. How different two kids can be. Whereas Lola, at her two-month appointment, screamed from the moment they began trying to weigh her until she got home and slept, Millie thought it was playtime. She cooed and grinned at the nurses and played with me happily while the pediatrician checked her over.

Of course, she did scream during and after the shots, but she was quickly comforted and fell asleep before I even got her in her carseat.

Stats:
Weight -- 12 pounds, 0 ounces. 78th percentile.
Height -- 24 inches. 96th percentile.
Head circumference -- 16 inches. 89th percentile.

She has grown incredibly. I mean, she was nearly two whole pounds lighter than her sister at birth but is catching up.

Lola's two-month stats (just for comparison fun):
Weight -- 12 pounds, 12.8 ounces.
Height -- 23 inches.
Head circumference -- 16 inches.
All of which was said to put her in the 95th percentile.

I have less than three weeks left until I return to work. I am getting more and more ready every day, but it is going to be hard to leave the girls.

More to come.
- Bethany :)

No comments: