Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Adjusting

Wow. Getting used to working again has been a bit harder than I anticipated.

Forgive my absence in the last week, please. I have been super duper crazy busy trying to figure out some kind of schedule. Basically, unlike most every other new mom in the world, I pray at nighttime that my baby wakes up early and does not sleep in. If she sleeps past 6:30 a.m. (more often than not) I just can't get us all going on time. So why not just set an alarm? I do. But, well, I can hit snooze on an alarm. I can't really buy another seven minutes of sleep if the baby cries.

Really, things are going well. I love working. I love getting running hugs from Lola when I come pick her up from daycare. I love that Millie looks kind of grumpy when I first receive her back from daycare and then, when she gets home, she grins and coos for two hours straight (still no laughs for Mommy, though...).

But we have our struggles, too. Millie went from going to bed at 6:30 p.m. every night to pushing 8 p.m. And, of course, I miss the girls like crazy and I am struggling with accepting the less-than-clean house every evening.

So we're adjusting.

But we'll get there.

- Bethany :)

No comments: