Thursday, September 15, 2011

Changes


I started this blog in October 2007 as Ray and I learned that we were going to be parents in nine months. I did not know then what its future would be or how long it would last. It became a great source for documenting the pregnancy milestones and, later, the joys and frustrations in raising our very spirited, very independent Lola. While it is very evident in looking over early entries that I had no idea what I was doing, I love the history that they contain.

For instance, I stumbled upon this old entry, written on Sept. 6, 2008, when Lola was almost 2 months old:

“For about a week now Lola has been developing a move in which she puts her paci back in her mouth on her own. When it falls out of her mouth, if it gets caught at her neck, she throws both her hands up toward her face and about one time in five she is able to put the nuk back in place. Well, of course, this doesn't always work and when it falls between her legs or off the her side, she needs help. But, when she sees you coming, she kind of panics and repeatedly throws her hands up, as if to say, 'Leave me alone; I can do it on my own.' Then, when you do get it for her, she clamps her mouth shut and glares at you.”

She was Miss Independent from the beginning.

And while I vaguely remember those days, it was not until I read the entry that I remembered just how mad she would get. She wanted to do it all herself. She still does.

Just over a year ago I got became a little more active in an online parenting site and began running a blog through them. In fact, while I was still pregnant with my Millie I forecasted that once the baby was born and I went back to work that I would probably shut down this blog as writing multiple blogs was getting tough.

I was right.

Right in that writing for multiple sites is difficult. But, rather that delete this blog, I have decided, instead, to re-focus my efforts on this one.

You will likely notice a few changes in the coming days and weeks. Nothing huge. But a lot of the work I did for the other site is going to spill into this one for a while. I’m just going to play around with this one a bit. This is the blog I’ve had since the beginning. And I do want to keep it around for a while longer yet.

Thanks for reading.
- Bethany :)

No comments: