Monday, November 14, 2011

catching up...

Wow, it has been a while. Things have been super chaotic in our lives lately. Not only in terms of caring for a 4-month-old and 3-year-old, but work schedules keep changing, and we've had two weeks' worth of fun weekends with visiting grandparents.

The girls continue to amaze us daily.

Lola is a blur of activity - I swear the child's favorite activity is just sprinting from one side of the house to the other, over and over and over again.


I still haven't gotten her to take any interest at all in her ABCs, but she has her flags down: She now calls out the American, Minnesota and Beaver (for Bemidji State) flags whenever we drive by then. And, trust me, there are a lot more flags in the world than you think...

Her favorite expression these days is "Daddy's a goober," which she must have picked up at day care. My previous favorite, "I love you big giants," appears to be on the way out. But I am grabbing them from her whenever I can.

She still insists on all things green. I keep waiting for her to grow out of this and start asking for everything in pinks and purples - princess colors - but she is a loyal one. She wants a green plate, green cup, etc., with every meal. She still wants all green crayons. We have many, many pictures of Rapunzel with green hair and green lips. It's a little ... unsettling.

Lola gives the best running hugs. Every day after day care, I walk the baby to the car, put her in the Jeep and then turn around. I count to 3 and then, Lola, from about twenty yards away, takes off in a full sprint into my arms.

It's the best.

***

Millie is growing up and changing daily. She is 4.5 months old and completely in love with life.


She is now working on rolling over (from back to front, she still has no patience for tummy time, despite my efforts). She loves to sit, stand and be cuddled in anyway.

She laughs constantly. And loves to smile.

She still very rarely cries.

She has no interest in her toys. Just wants to play with her family members. Espeically Lola. She loves her big sister.

A couple of weeks ago, she began reaching for me while in others' arms.

I love to lie in bed and listen to her talk and sing every night. We feed her about 10 or 11 p.m., right before we go to bed, and even though we try not to wake her up, it does. And she smiles and grins at us as she tries to get us to play. Once we put her into bed, she just coos and talks and sings to herself. It can take up to 45 mintues for her to drift off. It drives Ray crazy. Which makes me love it all that much more (I'm kidding .. some).

***

So that's life. Lots of laughs. We have had some struggles lately as we try to figure out a few scheduling issues. But we'll get there.

Next up - the holidays. I can't believe it's November already...

- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lola's big running hugs are the best! I miss them...can't wait to see all of you again. Wish I could just blink and be there.