Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Nightmares

Lola  already was in bed when I got home last night. I found her sitting up in bed, crying silently and shaking.

"I don't wanna' go to sleep," she stammered between tears, holding her blanket to her face.

She's been having some rough nightmares for the past couple of weeks.

Coincidence?

Possibly. But I'm not so sure.

We tell her all the time that she's safe, that Millie's fine, that no one is sick or needs to go to the hospital.

But I wonder what she's managed to pick up recently, all the talk about seizures, EEGs, genetics, blood, etc.

We try not to talk about that stuff in front of the kids, particularly Lola, who misses nothing. But I'm sure we've fallen short of that goal a couple dozen times.

Lola also has been sick. She had (another) stomach bug kind of thing all day Monday and was on the mend yesterday. She's back at school today.

Hopefully, her not feeling well has been making bad dreams worse.

I haven't been home much this week, working longer hours and going to my Millie speech class, so our bedtime routines are a bit out of whack too.

I'm hoping a few "family days" this long weekend can make things easier for us all.
- Bethany :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Family days sounds like a great idea! Love you..mom