Monday, November 5, 2012

Tomorrow

Well, I'm off for the Cities, as Millie has two appointments tomorrow in St. Paul.

First up is the swallow study, which will hopefully provide some clues as to why she struggles so much with solid foods. She, then, will undergo a speech evaluation in the afternoon (this will be her third speech eval, for those keeping track).

Unfortunately, though, I doubt I will get her genetic results tomorrow. They just don't have any openings with her neurologist. So we will be waiting until December. Boo.

We're still feeling very good about where she is at and how she is doing ... but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to know the darned results already.

In other Millie news, she has officially begun receiving services through the school district. The therapist comes once a week, which is in addition to her four-times-a-week therapies at the hospital. (It used to be five, but they put the eating therapy on hold to see what the swallow study reveals, if anything.)

I also was invited to take part in a program that works with parents to help their child communicate and develop language skills. I've only been to the orientation thus far, but it sounds interesting. It officially gets underway Nov. 13.

That's enough for today. I'll post more after her appointment.

Happy voting!

- Bethany :)

No comments: