Monday, January 28, 2013

Lola-isms

Today, on the way from preschool to daycare, Lola and I were talking about the letter F.

I said "fur" starts with F and challenged her to name three things that have fur.

The first two were easy.

"Kitties have fur and Abbey (a dog she occasionally sees) has fur," she said.

But she couldn't immediately come up with a third option. So she thought for a few seconds.

Finally, she had it.

"And our tire has fur!" she exclaimed.

Ha ha, yes, it does.


Left over from when we hit the deer about three weeks ago (or when the deer hit us), the deer fur is still stuck in the tire. The car can't get fixed until mid- to late February so there it remains.

At least she isn't petting the dead deer's fur every morning, like she was for the first few days...

Anyhow, she makes me laugh. A lot.

I was still giggling to myself about that one several hours later.

Oh, and when I explained that tires don't usually have fur, I asked her if she could think of something else that does.

Her next answer?

"Daddy's super long mustache is kind of like fur," she offered, referencing his goatee.

She cracks me up.
- Bethany :)

No comments: